The BetterRxCard is the most comprehensive of any prescription card program. There are ten key tactical components to our initiative. Combined, they give counties the support necessary to provide a successful program to their community members.
1) EquivaMeds — You cannot use any discount drug card program if you already have insurance … unless you have the BetterRxCard.
Ours is the first program that doesn’t limit benefits to only the uninsured. EquivaMeds is a collection of smart databases created by a physician that search for options a doctor might prescribe for a certain drug while at the same time carefully measuring cost savings. More than 95% of physicians receiving this information from EquivaMeds have approved the lower cost options recommended for their patient. Combining EquivaMeds with the BetterRxCard program extends potential benefits to more people – 4.7 times more people – than any other discount card program. EquivaMeds can’t help everyone, but with thousands of the most popular brand name prescription drugs in our databases, we can help many people save an awful lot of money. The most recent average annual savings per user at their pharmacy was more than $800.
2) Best Discounts — Every discount drug card has a pharmacy benefit vendor that performs the claims processing and provides the pharmacy network. Most have selected a pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) as the basis for their card programs. After reviewing dozens of PBM offers we chose not to use a PBM at all. Instead, we chose the new and different breed known as a pharmacy benefit administrator (PBA).
Unlike PBMs, PBAs do not have direct relationships with pharmaceutical companies, eliminating rebate controversy or secretive payments for operating special programs for which compensation is received. PBAs are paid only a small administrative fee for adjudicating the claim. This helps keep systemic costs under control while providing a lower cost at the pharmacy for the cardholder.
3) No Limits. No Kidding — To make it easy for cardholders and partners we offer the following attributes:
· Free to the cardholder
· Free for the county
· No registration
· No personal information ever required for our discount card
· No age, income or residency limitations
· No expiration date
· No annual card limits
· Bilingual cards
· 40+ English and individually translated Spanish web pages
· Toll-free customer service
4) Co-branded Card Printing – BetterRxCard provides printed, co-branded cards that include a unique numbering system that tracks how the card is being used. It’s a strategic way of measuring the effectiveness of the program and it helps counties understand the needs of their community better.
5) Stock, Re-load and Distribute – When you become a partner with us, we won’t leave you stranded. We’ll spend two days on location helping promote the program. We’ll make sure that local county offices, pharmacies and like-minded organizations are stocked with our discount drug cards, and we’ll make sure they stay stocked.
6) Meet the Press — From press releases to press conferences, we’ll craft a message to help get the word out, and repeat the process several months later. This will help keep your community informed and reinforce your message.
7) Content Sharing – We’ll help provide content for your website that correlates to our BetterRxCard online landing page. People will always know that they can trust you for cutting edge information because you’ll be linking back to our website. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the most up-to-date information available.
8) Web Presence and Search – Our website is search engine optimized. We consistently rank at the top of Internet search results with the heavy-hitters such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. We’re keyword specific and update our site with relevant content daily. By linking to your site, that helps your web presence as well.
9) Newsletter – In addition to our streamlined web search plan, we also publish a newsletter. This optional customer communication is received electronically by more than one thousand customers who have voluntarily opted-in to receive our beneficial updates, and that number is growing daily.
10) Social Networking – We’re actively spreading the word about the BetterRxCard, EquivaMeds and our partners on Facebook, Twitter and virtual health forums.
Interested in becoming a partner? Learn more here.